The Next Steps in Planning Your Breckenridge Vacation
The number one priority in planning your vacation is finding the perfect vacation rental property to call home while you’re visiting Breckenridge. If you haven’t finalized your lodging, then stop now and Contact Us for help in finding the perfect place.
Once you’ve confirmed your lodging, it’s time to take care of some other critical pieces to your vacation.
1. Book Your Flights. Just a little piece of advice–if you’re flying into Denver or Eagle, please try to arrive in the mid to late afternoon. Many of the vacation rental properties will provide you direct access to the home, along with directions and a lockbox or access code. Finding your location is always easier during daylight hours if you can make that happen.
2. Decide on your transportation. Will you rent a vehicle or take one of the shuttle services from the airport? The answer to that question really depends on the location you chose for your vacation rental home. Many of the in-town properties have access to the Breckenridge Free Ride shuttle system that is operated by the Town of Breckenridge at no cost to the rider. There are many stops around town and you can see a map and routes on breckfreeride.com. There are summer and winter schedules so make sure you reference the correct route map!
If you decide renting a vehicle is the best option for you, make sure your condo or house has adequate parking, particularly if you will have more than one vehicle. Many of the condos in town and some of the houses, only have space to park one vehicle. If you need additional parking options, the Town of Breckenridge offers an overnight parking area for a nominal fee. Check out Breckenridge Overnight Parking.
TIP: We really recommend renting a car, especially in the summer. People tend to explore a larger radius in the summertime for hiking and sightseeing!
3. Make dinner reservations. Many of the restaurants in town will accept reservations for larger families and groups. If you’re planning a special night out, it’s a good idea to make a reservation as far in advance as you can. Check out our Restaurant Blog to get a quick idea of some of the dining options we have in town and on the mountain.
4. Order your groceries ahead, and have them delivered. While Breckenridge does have two full-service grocery stores–one being a large national chain, and the other a local market next to the post office–both can get a little busy during ski season. Local’s Tip: try to avoid going to the grocery store between the hours of 3pm and 7pm, as that is the busiest time of day, and please don’t bring the whole family or group.
A great alternative to going to the store when you arrive is to order ahead. Amy and her staff at Summit Home Services do a great job of doing the shopping for you and the small fee is worth it. Check out all the details on their website.
5. Are you bringing young children? Get your baby supplies rented and delivered to your property! You can rent pack and plays, highchairs, and other baby supplies you may not want to travel with. In winter, you can also rent baby outerwear!
1. Plan activities that book up! We would suggest that you book things like ATV tours, Raft Trips, Horseback Rides, Wagon Dinner Rides, fly fishing trips and purchasing event tickets ahead of time, before you get here. Check out all the fun Breckenridge summer activities here!
1. Reserve Ski and Snowboard rental equipment. Our equipment partner has 6 locations around Breckenridge, and can even deliver your equipment to your vacation rental home. Kids 12 and under rent free with each paid adult 4-day rental, and you can get a 20% discount on your reservation by using this link: Reserve Now
2. Purchase your lift tickets. Depending on the number of days you’re planning on skiing in Breckenridge, purchasing online is generally the best savings. All lift tickets are now sold directly through the Breckenridge Ski Resort website, and they offer discounts off the walk-up window rate if you purchase a multi-day pass online. Just follow this link to the order page: Lift Tickets
3. Plan activities that book up! We would suggest that you book things like snowmobile tours, Snowcat Trips, Sleigh Rides, Dog Sled Tours and purchasing event tickets ahead of time, before you get here. Check out all the fun Breckenridge winter activities here!
And if you have questions about any of these next steps, please feel free to give us a call. We are here to help!