Mountain Top Children’s Museum
The Mountain Top Children’s Museum, Inc. is an educational institution that promotes informal learning through interactive exhibits and programs, imaginative play and engagement in active experiences for children ages 10 and under and their families/caregivers.
Looking for a family friendly location that will be sure to keep the attention of your little ones during your vacation to Breckenridge Colorado? Look no further than the Mountain Top Children’s Museum.
The museum has multiple hands-on exhibits to help promote learning, imaginative play and engagement in active experiences through art and science. Several of the customized educational exhibits include:
- Tot Spot, which has toys geared toward the under-3 set.
- Mountain Top Medical Center where your little ones can learn about the human body inside and out.
- The Rocky Mountain Wildlife Exhibit where they can explore the animals found in the Breckenridge area, giving children the opportunity to make animal tracks, learn to identify scat, fish for trout and express their creative side by putting on their own wildlife puppet show.
- The Wonder Lab, a kid’s version of working in a science laboratory. The Wonder Lab gives children a hands-on opportunity to mix colors and experience with test tubes.
- Creation Station is a magical paradise for kids who love to craft. A variety of arts, crafts and recycling materials for children to create a ‘masterpiece’ hang it for all to enjoy or take your art home.
- Kidstruction Zone is for the children who want to create in a different way. Offering youth to use remotes to control construction vehicles at work or dig into the mulch pit and build a tower with magnetic blocks.
The museum also offers Kids Night Out!
Every Tuesday, Friday & Saturday
Drop off your children for a night of fun at the museum, including dinner, while parents have a few hours out enjoying their Breckenridge Colorado vacation.
The museum was designed with children ages 10 and younger in mind, and is open year-round. It is a great way to spend several hours and allow your children a creative outlet in a safe space.
Tip; if grandparents are available they get in for free so you could save a little money.