Are you an experience skier or rider looking to experience that Colorado powder like you never have before? If untouched terrain, epic snow, awesome tree runs, and a little solitude sound good to you, then give backcountry skiing a try! No lifts, no crowds, just you, snow, and the mountain… pure skiing and riding bliss!
The thrills never end with a little backcountry adventure! Your guides will share hidden stashes and backcountry travel and snow analysis tips to help build your backcountry travel skills. Learn from the best and don’t forget to enjoy the view!
Apex Mountain School
Skiing in the backcountry is nothing like skiing at a resort! You will experience terrain you never have before with all the natural obstacles like rocks, trees, and more. There are no groomed blues here—just Mother Nature in her purest form with a beautiful blanket of powder!
Step out into the Rocky Mountain backcountry with a guide from the Apex Mountain School. Learn about skinning, split boarding, and navigating the terrain like a pro. Also gain some knowledge on avalanche avoidance and staying safe on your wild ski and ride adventures!
Rates And Reservations With Apex Mountain School
Apex Mountain School offers a wide variety of classes and trip options. There is everything from Intro to Splitboarding/Skinning to Multi-Day Backcountry Hut Trips. Here is a full list of trips and prices:
- Backcountry Skiing/Boarding Day Trip: $166
- Intro to Splitboarding Course: $200
- Backcountry Skiing/Boarding Beginner Private Instruction: $166
- Backcountry Skiing/Boarding Intermediate Private Instruction: $166
- Intro to Splitboarding Private Instruction: $166
- 2 Day Advances Splitboarding Private Instruction: $940
- 2 Day Advanced Splitboarding Course- Hut Based: $530
- Vail Backcountry Skiing: $470/person (prices reduced for groups with more than one skier/rider)