Plenty of people come to Breckenridge to ski or snowboard, but you can also experience Breck in all its snowy glory with a couple of dog-loving mushers and their pack of irresistible sled dogs, proof that there’s plenty more of Breckenridge Colorado to be seen at eye—or even paw—level.
Dogsledding has grown exponentially in the past few years as one of the most popular outdoor winter activities, so be prepared for the ride of your life, meandering through the vastness of the beautiful Colorado landscapes on a sled that’s being pulled by some of the most powerful creatures.
Enjoy this unique experience during your Breckenridge vacation and go back to when there were no machines, and horses and dogs were our only source of transportation, apart from our skis of course.
Our recommendation for dog sledding in Breckenridge:
Good Times Adventures
The tour is billed as an interactive and thrilling way to experience dog sledding, taking six guests at a time running them as a relay switching between running the dogs, riding in the dogsled and riding on a small passenger sleigh with the guide. This is a great way to experience the Rocky Mountains.
What you need to know about planning a trip with Good Times:
If you want to experience your own Good Times dogsled tour while you’re here, be sure to make a reservation (As early as possible for peak season).
- Refunds are not available for groups under 15 within 24hrs of your tour. Groups bigger than 15 people must provide 72 hours cancellation notice to receive a refund.
- Bring gloves, goggles, neck warmers, hats, snow pants and a jacket appropriate for the time of year. Good Times do not provide these items so please don’t forget. Other things to consider brings would be a camera and sunscreen! Forgotten items can be purchased.
- Children must be 4 years old and up. Pregnant women are not allowed on any tours due to risk
- Shuttle service can be arranged or you can drive your own vehicle
- Tipping your guide 15% – 20% is suggested at your own discretion
To book your reservations or speak with Good Times 1-800-477-0144
Want to learn more about Good Times before you book? READ MORE HERE
Alpine Adventures Dogsledding
Alpine Adventures offers unique and exciting hands-on dogsledding tours that are fun for the entire family. Regardless which dogsledding tour option you choose, you are sure to leave with memories that will last a lifetime as well as some new four-legged friends.
What you need to know about planning a trip with Alpine Adventures:
If you want to experience your own Alpine Adventures dogsled tour while you’re here, be sure to make a reservation (As early as possible for peak season).
- 48-hour cancellation policy (72 hrs. for large groups). If you cancel within this period, you will be charged full price for the activity. Reservations made within 48 hrs. of the activity are non-refundable.
- Provided overall snow bibs adult size small – 4XL as well as adult snow boots women’s size 5 to Men’s size 13. Limited children’s bibs are available but no children’s boots.
- Dress in layers, and avoid cotton. Removing layers is better than not having enough. Bring gloves, goggles, face masks/gators, appropriate jacket etc…
- Complimentary transportation is provided for many but not ALL tours. You can also drive your own vehicle.
- You will be outside for a minimum of 1.5 hours.
- You are unable to participate if you are pregnant, have been drinking or using other illicit substances, or your child is under 3 years of age